Autumn is here and soon it will be winter. Customers’ demands are changing which means that retail stores have to adapt to this. If your retail store sells consumable products then the needs of people will change as the seasons change. How do you get your retail store ready for the winter demands?
- Less cool drinks will be sold during the winter season. There will be sales but it will be minimal as people start to feel the cold weather. If you still have a lot of cool drinks in stock, consider running a promotion to sell the bulk load of the cool drinks that you have in stock. This is important to do because you need to sell it before it gets closer to its expiration date and before the weather gets too cold.
- Soup is known as a winter meal. Whether people have soup as a starter or as a main meal it is clear that it is enjoyed by many people. Although not everyone enjoys the same flavour, keep a variety of flavoured soups on the shelves. The more variety you have the more attracted to your store they will be. If there are only one or two flavours they won’t consider your store as a credible soup retailer.
- Comfort snacks are also enjoyed during winter. Make sure that you have enough chips, biscuits and cookies in stock. Having a variety of each of these comfort snacks will make you a popular retail store in the eyes of the customer. If you run promotions on these comfort snacks that will surely bring customers to your store during the winter months.
- Lotion and body creams will become increasingly more in demand as the cold weather causes dry skin. More people will want lotion to apply to their dry skin. Also, keep stock of lip balms for the same reason.
- Stock up on the warm drinks such as coffee, tea and hot chocolate. During the colder seasons people yearn for warmer drinks. Keep a variety of coffee and tea products on the shelves and ensure that the shelves are constantly fully stocked. Hot chocolate sales usually increase in the winter months because it is a warm comfort drink that is enjoyed by all ages. It would be a good idea to find a wholesale supplier who can offer it to you with bulk discounts.
Make sure that your retail store is winter ready by planning ahead.
J&E Cash ‘n Carry is one of South Africa’s biggest wholesalers in the following categories of products: Cosmetics, Groceries, Sweets, Personal Care, Household, Health, Beauty, Baby, Hardware, Electric & Stationery. We supply traders only, and offer the highest standards of service, the cheapest deals, and the best buying experience.
Visit our website and call us on 012 327 5000 or email in**@je**.za.